Hey guys. We're in the process of finalizing models for support of the game, and would be very interested in your feedback, ideas, thoughts, and opinions.
- It will be possible to play the game (the WHOLE game) for free. We're not going to put up either hard gates (such as, "You can't play after X amount of time") or soft gates (such as, "You can technically keep playing, but without buying X it becomes increasingly impractical and unrealistic".)
- While we aren't at this point ruling out some kind of supplementary or optional subscription method, that is not in the current plan.
- We're likely trying to avoid boosts, as this can de facto create a lot of the above kinds of soft gates, though there may be certain types of numerics for which this could be done more safely.
- Political Influence (but just Political) specifically we'd like to monetize in some way. Makes the category unique, and seems appropriate (corruption and all). Note that you'd still be able to get Political Influence from just playing the game.
- One of the big debates internally is how much (or little) to lean on direct purchases with or in addition to a pack model. There are a lot of variations on this (I have a long article on "High Ceilings and High Floors" on my personal blog that goes into my philosophy on this). I think a pack model as part of this could be made to work, but I am not married to it.
- What things are purchasable? Numerics? Minions? (All, or just some categories?) Traits? (The things that you can apply to Minions). What about minion experience to improve quality?
Looking forward to any feedback people might have!